So, Lori was tagged by Sonja with this meme, and now she has tagged me. I haven't even gotten around to filling out all this kind of stuff in my profile ... and I just can't do this in a normal manner, you know ;^) so I'm going to change the deal for my part, but this is the real story of how it goes:
1. Your top ten movies, (in no particular order).
2. If tagged, write a post and tag 3-5 other people.
3. Tag back, (shout out link), to the one who tagged you.
4. Give a hat tip (HT) to Dan.
When asked for my five favorite books, I had to list my top three in my five favorite genre ... so that seemed appropriate for this exercise. Let's see ... here's the top several in my eight favorite genre -- I seem to be especially fond of many different movies! ;^)
- The Lord of the Rings Series (I consider them one movie together)
- Last of the Mohicans (first pre-date with hubby)/Last of the Dogmen/Dances With Wolves
- The Last Samurai (interesting cultural follow on to Clavell's "Shogun" -- I read the book and have the mini-series from 1980)
- The Slipper and the Rose (had the best time watching it in Thai!)
- My Fair Lady (...come on, Dover.... I also saw it in the theater with Richard Chamberlain as Higgins)
- The Sound of Music (went to sleep to the soundtrack every night in 4th grade)
- The Princess Bride (...anybody want a peanut?)
- Young Frankenstein
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
- The Black Stallion movies
- Chariots of Fire
- The Indiana Jones Series (except #2) -- haven't seen the newest one yet
- The "Jack Ryan" Series (with Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck and Alec Baldwin)
- The Four Feathers (with Heath Ledger in 2002, and the 1977 version, too.)
- Sense and Sensibility (I first saw this with my mother and 4 sisters...)
- Shakespeare In Love (...I don't know; it's a mystery)
- The Thorn Birds (read the book and have the mini-series...the "midquel" didn't quite cut it, for me...)
- Shrek (...where to start? Ohh, pick me!!! Donkey is such a hoot!)
- Ice Age (...the LAST melon)
- Cars (...love 'Mater and "cow tipping" :^) )
- The Narnia Series (I will love them all because I love the books....)
- Iron Will (love dog sled stores -- read Jack London's books: White Fang, Call of the Wild)
- The Last Samurai (wonderful example of what obedience to a liege lord should look like...)
...and I will tag...
...makes me want to go watch a movie!