Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some thoughts on Fire....

A comment from an old thread on Alan Hirsch's blog, The Forgotten Ways, popped into my e-mail this morning. I wanted to refresh my memory about the original post, so I followed the link back to last Thanksgiving ... when my blog was just a few weeks old ... and found that the things talked about back then seemed to be very appropriate to revisit today.

So, I would like to suggest that you take a few moments to read Alan's post on Fire or Fire and also read through the comments -- where you will find a few thoughts from the Abbess -- and ponder the opportunities that are presented to us out of the fires of life. Possibilities for the Spirit to help us learn or forgive or risk or mature ... all components in the process that we know as sanctification: becoming like Christ.

Fire seems to be a very purple thing, indeed.

Letting Papa help manage the fires.

No comments: