Monday, November 5, 2007

The Practice of the Purple Martyrdom

There are many aspects to the Purple Martyrdom...but at the core is the recognition and embracing of the need for quiet and simplicity and justice and mercy and humility and vulnerability and brokenness if one is to be of use to God in ways that really bring him glory. It is very interesting to me to see the variety of places where one runs across various components of this truth.

Today, I have added Michael Kruse (whom I met over at Scot's Jesus Creed blog) to my sidebar under "Abi's Links" for many reasons...you just need to go and visit his site once to understand the breadth and depth of this brother's contributions to the conversation in the blogosphere.

But what finally prompted it, however, was his link to this post about the upswing of interest (a quiet flirtation?) among evangelicals concerning all things monastic.

Now that he is on my links, I'll be visiting his site each day and adding him to my prayers.

Thanks, Michael, for the way you love God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength--and your neighbor as yourself. The Abbess is grateful to you for the treasures to be mined at your site.

You just might want to add him to your links, too.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

Peggy, thanks for the link! I'm linking you up as well. I'm looking forward to learning more about what you and CovenantClusters.

AbiSomeone said...

Welcome! Reading my blog will require way fewer brain cells than reading your blog, bro!