Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pondering Eucharistia

Sonja tagged me with a gratitude meme that originated with John Smulo...and giving thanks is important to The Abbess, so here goes my five expressions of thanks:
  1. I am thankful that ultimate reality is the totality which God perceives...because it reminds me that he is right there, fully present in the midst of it all. It is a comfort in the midst of irritation.
  2. I am thankful that my husband and children push me to continue to die to self so that I might be more of God's cHesed for them. It is a needful irritation in the midst of a sometimes numbing and insulating kind of detached comfort that sometimes sneaks in with prolonged weakness.
  3. I am thankful that God's daily cHesed for me is not measured according to my worthiness but rather according to my need and his promise of faithfulness to provide. It is a certainty in the midst of chaos.
  4. I am thankful for the many "adaptive challenges" swirling in my life. Their chaos provides the opportunity for creativity and communitas to arise and take flight from the piles of ashes. (See post on Purple Flames.)
  5. I am thankful for the amazing Virtual manifestation of the Body of Christ that has been my experience over the past 10 months...and for the privilege of remembering Christ's cHesed for us all through the New Covenant represented in his broken body and spilt blood.
I will stop at five, although I could go on and on. I have many failings, but ingratitude does not tend to be one of them. ;^)

Who shall I tag? How about Grace, Michael, Richard, Len, and Pete (perhaps we can coax a second post to his new blog?)...

Be blessed.

No comments: