Monday, October 19, 2020

Abi's 13th Blogiversary!


Well...here we are with another two-year skip! 👀  Even for your wee purple abbess, the past two years have been something else all together...but it seems appropriate that I would choose 2020 -- the Purple Year -- for returning to blogging. 💜 

So many things have happened in the past two years...so many things have happened in the past 13 years! I am a very different person in so many ways--it will be interesting to unpack and process some of that here.

I spent the first few years sharing the 10-year process of my deconstruction of institutional religion, from 2005-2015. There were only a few posts during the rubble-clearing years, from 2016-2018. There were no posts last year, which was the year of leveling the ground and laying the new foundation. And this is the first post in 2020, into the third quarter of what has been a wildly liminal year, even before the corona virus changed life as we knew it.

It has been 15 years since I have actually engaged in the life and ministry of a local congregation. It seems so strange to see that in writing...and that it has been such a long period of time. It is not surprising that it should take me 15 years to work my way out of 49 years of experience and expectation...it was planted so deep into my core that I didn't even realize that lots of that stuff was there!

But I did come across an interesting post from 10 years ago about the iconic iMonk that deeply resonates with where I am today. In it I ponder what I called the Perichoretic Community, which is what I've lately been calling Core of Four (Co4). I've also been pondering a Rule of Life again, and remains the amazing fundamental concept of cHesed.

I've been talking for so many years about finally getting around to processing Perichoretic cHesed. Its time may have finally come...or not. We'll just see how things roll out. But it may be closer, since I have been attending a new church plant in my community and am slowly beginning to engage there. We will see what Papa and Jesus and Sarayu have planned for me and for that community.

Stay tuned...😎

Be blessed. 

Abi

No comments: