Sunday, November 30, 2008

The First Week of Advent...with Abi

I have decided to go through a Daily Office of Advent each day this year, rather than just each of the Sundays. Since Northumbria's website does not have such a thing, I went wandering and found something that seems to be just the ticket.

The Abbess invites you to join her every day for Advent at The Virtual Abbey, using this link. I've posted it right at the top of my sidebar, so you don't have to go looking for it! You will notice that they have eight scriptures for each day. I am planning to read all eight of them each day, but I'm not quite sure yet how and when ... and with whom! I would like to do something each morning at 9 and again at noon and then at dinner with the whole family and then again at bedtime with the boys. I am excited about making this more than a Sunday ritual....

I'll be sharing links to other Advent blog posts, like these from Scot McKnight.

And if you're new to the whole idea of Advent, and want to see what I was up to as I processed Advent for the first time last year, you can start with this post about why Advent candles are purple, of all colors!

Today, with the first candle lit, I went back to look at what I had to say about the Candle of Purple Hope.

Be blessed with hope this week....

No comments: