Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Abbess -- Subversive?!?

Well, now! My cHesed sister, Sonja, tagged me with a little link love meme today by nominating me as one of five bloggers that she feels are deserving to receive The Subversive Blogger Award. Recipients are described as follows:
Subversive bloggers are unsatisfied with the status quo, whether in church, politics, economics or any other power-laden institution, and they are searching for (and blogging about) what is new (or a “return to”) - even though it may be labeled as sacrilege, dangerous, or subversive.
Sonja's friend (whom I have "met" on her site, on John Frye's site and at Jesus Creed) passed on this award to her, and she's now passing it on to ME! And, yes, I do recognize that I resonate strongly with this description.

To follow the history back to the originator of this meme, please read Jake Bouma's post.

* * * * * * * *

The Abbess may be subversive, but she is seriously challenged when it comes to blog bells and whistles ... so if you want to see the logo for this award somewhere appropriate on my blog, you will have to provide technical support. ;^) This would be easier if I really knew how to do this kind of stuff ... but Brother Maynard and John La Grou will vouch for the fact that I must have the code provided that I may then cut and paste.

Pathetic, yes. But, verily and sadly, true.

Besides, no one who reads this blog needs to see the logo to acknowledge the reality. :^)

* * * * * * * *

The last part of this meme ritual requires me to "tag" five others with this honor. These are the simple rules of the game:
  1. If you are tagged, write a post with links to five subversive blogs.
  2. Link back to this post on JakeBouma.com so people can easily find the origin of the meme.
  3. Optional: Proudly display the “Subversive Blogger Award” somewhere on your blog (image above) with a link to the post that you wrote. [If, of course, you know how to do this! ;^) ]

This award is meant to be encouragement to keep blogging, so I join those behind me in the hope that this will encourage these five to keep on keepin’ on -- in whatever subversive manner they choose! Here they are:

Journeys In Between by my mate from Oz, Matt Stone

futuristguy by fellow Interpolator, Abberian and friend, Brad Sargent

microclesia by Wikiklesia editor and collaborator, John La Grou

The Forgotten Ways by my first blog mate from Oz (or anywhere else, for that matter), Alan Hirsch

Kruse Kronicle by economics blog meister and Jesus Creed friend, Michael Kruse


So, thanks to you, Sonja! And thanks to my subversive friends for their encouragement. :^)


1 comment:

AbiSomeone said...

...AAUGH, John, I didn't even get your name spelled properly. :^(

Mea culpa! I'm gonna fix that right now....