Sunday, March 9, 2008

Abi's Lent: Day 33

...and Day 20 of the flu. We are calling it finished because we are moving on. I'm feeling enough better that I will venture out to the store ... and get on with various deadlines approaching. I am so sick of being sick that I've decided I've had it! Of course, a good week of sleeping at night had made a bit of a difference....

I also finished The Jesus Creed today. The last two sections were easier to read -- well, faster may be the better word. They were more familiar and so were easier to process. Now I will see just where I am to go with this ... but this is definitely a book that will be added to the story that will someday soon be born as CovenantClusters -- a little outpost of the Kingdom where a society that lives the Jesus Creed transforms life -- loving God, loving others.

3 comments:

brad/futuristguy said...

hi peggy. glad ya'll are feeling better. man, that was some virile virus/bad bacteria cocktail that you had!

any idea when CovenantClusters will be launched? or has it already, though not yet multiplied?

Linda said...

Peggy,
Glad you're feeling well enough to venture out. Hope the rest of your family recovers quickly also.

AbiSomeone said...

Hello, Brad and Grace! Thanks for your encouragement. Yes, it was an ugly virus...and everyone seems to be doing better! God is good....

Robert and I are involved in a 12 week missional group with Rob Robinson ... with about 9 weeks to go. I am hopeful that the end of that time will be the birth of CovenantClusters ... but I just have to continue to wait on God and his timing. Robert wondered the other day whether I need another mid-week retreat to gather my thoughts and update all the documentation. We'll see....