Thursday, November 15, 2007

Abi's Terms

[Update: I've put in a link over to the Scriptorium over at The Abbey for this glossary! You will find it at the top of Abi's Links over in the sidebar. I believe that this will solve my issue...and it will also allow AbbE and AbbY (the two Abbots who join Abi in comprising our Virtual Mentoring Triad) to collaborate as well!]

Well, I've decided that I need to start a kind of glossary...and not knowing how to make some other kind of listing...as well as not yet having all my terms identified and figured out...I'm making a new label called Abi's Terms ...and clicking on that label will bring together all the various terms I've been working on over the past 10 years or so.

Not the most elegant solution, I admit, but it will have to do...for now.

5 comments:

brad/futuristguy said...

a most excellent idea vulnerable, venerable, and virtual abbess.

in fact, the tutorial i'm thinking of posting in sections in a sort of glossary, with words clustered in ways that help define them in the context of degrees in which they are like or unlike related terms. it'll be the eventual hyperlinked "dictiopedia" to the massive hypermedia thing i've been chipping away at all these years.

anyway, you go, sis!

Anonymous said...

not that I'm biased (and, really, I'm not), but you might be better served by blogging with a wordpress platform. Then you could have a separate page for your terms/glossary. It would be more elegant. They have a free service at wordpress.com that is similar to blogger. It might be worth checking out before you get too comfortable here at blogger ;-) and I know that it's just as easy to pick up.

AbiSomeone said...

Brad,

Thank you for your encouragement. I'm still working on how do to it...

So, Sonja,

I appreciate your thoughts...I've been observing how different blog platforms work...and we'll just have to see how it goes ;^)

Stay tuned....

brad brisco said...

For me it isn't a problem with typos it is just poor spelling! Thanks for this post.

AbiSomeone said...

LOL, Brad! Most of my poor spelling the spell checker can catch (if I pay attention, that is)...it's the completely wrong words (left overs from editing, usually) that make me say "huh?" when I read it later that drives me nuts!

It is some small consolation that every blogger I've read has this same challenge ;^)